Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite way to saute fresh shrimp. This is so quick and simple. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta (I usually saute a little more garlic in olive oil and toss it with the pasta before topping with the shrimp). Yum!
- 2 lemons
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zest of both lemons, then juice both lemons.
- Keep zest and juice separate.
- In a large bowl, place shrimp then add lemon zest, garlic and half of the olive oil.
- Toss well to coat evenly and season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute shrimp in single layer for about 1 minute on each side until cooked through.
- (You may have to work in batches).
- After all shrimp is cooked and removed from pan, deglaze pan with 3 T of lemon juice, stirring up any browned bits.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve.
Simply delicious and made in quick time, The lemon zip is perfect. I used quite a bit less oil with no problem (about 1 1/2 tsps for 2 servings).You just can't beat classic flavors. It was served with Lemon Caper Orzo for a perfect pairing.