Recipe by CarolAnn
My favorite way to saute fresh shrimp. This is so quick and simple. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta (I usually saute a little more garlic in olive oil and toss it with the pasta before topping with the shrimp). Yum!
Top Review by Annacia
Simply delicious and made in quick time, The lemon zip is perfect. I used quite a bit less oil with no problem (about 1 1/2 tsps for 2 servings).You just can't beat classic flavors. It was served with Recipe #297381 for a perfect pairing.
- 2 lemons
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zest of both lemons, then juice both lemons.
- Keep zest and juice separate.
- In a large bowl, place shrimp then add lemon zest, garlic and half of the olive oil.
- Toss well to coat evenly and season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute shrimp in single layer for about 1 minute on each side until cooked through.
- (You may have to work in batches).
- After all shrimp is cooked and removed from pan, deglaze pan with 3 T of lemon juice, stirring up any browned bits.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve.