My favorite way to saute fresh shrimp. This is so quick and simple. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta (I usually saute a little more garlic in olive oil and toss it with the pasta before topping with the shrimp). Yum!
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp.
- Set aside.
- Grate the zest of both lemons, then juice both lemons.
- Keep zest and juice separate.
- In a large bowl, place shrimp then add lemon zest, garlic and half of the olive oil.
- Toss well to coat evenly and season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute shrimp in single layer for about 1 minute on each side until cooked through.
- (You may have to work in batches).
- After all shrimp is cooked and removed from pan, deglaze pan with 3 T of lemon juice, stirring up any browned bits.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and serve.