Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This works for chicken and salmon just as well. I got this from shape magazine.
- 2 medium white grapefruits or 2 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted peeled and sliced
- Peel grapefruit, and cut out sections so that no white is on it Boil about 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add couscous and remove from heat.
- Let stand until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Next heat oil in a skillet add green onions and garlic and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked all the way.
- Stir frequently.
- Stir in grapefruit sections, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of couscous and garnish with avocado.