Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An adopted recipe originally posted by Mean Chef. I have made this dish for my family and friends and we have always enjoyed it! A simple, quick appetizer and quite tasty!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (26 to 30 per pound)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (including most of the green)
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, green onions, and chipotle and cook just until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add the wine and stir 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the butter just before serving.
Good but not great. Do not make this if you can't get great tomatoes. This recipe does not showcase the shrimp in a most flattering way -- other recipes would be a better vehicle for it.