Hey Jude's Note:
Wonderful sandwiches that we have with tomato soup. You can substitute the raw with precooked large shrimp but you'll give up some of the yummy garlic flavor. Good after work meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled,deveined and tails removed
- 4 soft sandwich buns or 4 hot dog buns
- 1 avocado, halved,pitted,sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1Mix together the sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2Heat butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until butter is melted; remove 1 tablespoon of the mixture from the skillet to a bowl and set aside.
- 3Add garlic and pepper flakes to skillet; cook until garlic is soft, about 1 minute.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high; add shrimp and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring constantly, until just pink, about 3 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat broiler to high; brush rolls with reserved oil and butter mixture; place open rolls under broiler and broil until just beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- 6Spread 1 teaspoon of the sour cream mixture inside each roll; layer with 1 tablespoon chopped cabbage, shrimp and avocado slices; top each with 1 teaspoon more sour cream mixture.
- 7Place remaining sauce in a bowl to pass at the table.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed shrimp rolls
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.8 g