Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I threw this together one night after work. It was a fast and very tasty meal! My husband loved it. We used frozen cooked shrimp, but fresh is always good too. Also, even though we used whole wheat pasta...feel free to use whatever type of pasta you prefer.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 21 ounces chopped tomatoes (1 1/2 cans)
- 20 small cooked shrimp (thawed and tailed)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring water in a large pot to a boil, add 1 tbsp olive oil and pasta. Allow to simmer for approx 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta once fully cooked.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (with juices), shrimp, italian seasoning, garlic salt, ground pepper. Sautee uncovered for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Place pasta in serving bowl, spoon shrimp mixture over pasta, add grated parmesan over top and serve immediately.
Tasty! I used fettuccine and a light sprinkle of crushed red pepper to the tomatoes when sautéing.
My husband and I loved it! I used basil instead of italian seasoning and halved fresh cherry tomatoes instead of diced. I'll definitely make this again. It was delicious.
We had this for supper last night and it was amazing! I only used half of the pasta so that there was more sauce to go around but other than that, followed the recipe. In my top 5 recipes ever!