Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish is great! It is not too difficult to put together, either. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. Courtesy of Emeril's web site.
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons bell red peppers
- 2 tablespoons bell yellow peppers
- For the remoulade:.
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients except for the oil until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle the oil in until the sauce is thickened.
- Season the shrimp with Essence.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- When pan is hot saute the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Add the remoulade and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Turn the pasta into a mixing bowl and season with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place a nest of the pasta in the center of the plate.
- Place shrimp around the pasta.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and shrimp.
- Garnish with chives, cheese and peppers.