Recipe by Manami
This dish is great! It is not too difficult to put together, either. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. Courtesy of Emeril's web site.
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons bell red peppers
- 2 tablespoons bell yellow peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- For the remoulade:.
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients except for the oil until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle the oil in until the sauce is thickened.
- Season the shrimp with Essence.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- When pan is hot saute the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Add the remoulade and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Turn the pasta into a mixing bowl and season with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place a nest of the pasta in the center of the plate.
- Place shrimp around the pasta.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and shrimp.
- Garnish with chives, cheese and peppers.