Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 ounces shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄8 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 ounce Canadian bacon, lean,diced
- 1⁄3 cup mandarin orange, canned
- 1⁄8 cup kidney bean, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Heat 1/3 tsp oil in a non-stick saute pan on medium-high setting.
- Add shrimp, bacon, 1 tsp cider vinegar and 1/4 tsp ginger to pan and saute for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining oil, mint, ginger, cider vinegar and chicken stock to a small bowl and mix thoroughly with a whisk to prepare salad dressing.
- Combine lettuce, mandarin oranges, onion, kidney beans and chickpeas in a salad bowl.
- Add previously prepared shrimp and bacon.
- Pour on dressing and toss well.