Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon medium sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp with onions, salt and pepper, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and parsley.
- Serve while hot.
Easy and quick. My husband made it, actually (he's a very good cook) and he doubled the sauce and tossed the dish with some cooked rotini. Made a good main course dish. Ran out of sherry so he used some dry white wine - worked just fine!
Excellent, quick, easy and tasty. Good words and this recipe deserves them. Well worth making and enjoying. So simple!!!
This recipe is great! It only took me 1/2 hour to prepare, it wasn't all that expensive, and my wife loved it! I prepared it for Valentine's day (our first together as husband and wife) and she was thrilled when she got home from work! The recipe is great because we're both watching our weight, so not being dependent on carbohydrates (rice, pasta, potatoes) was a good thing. I added mushrooms to the recipe, which enhanced the whole thing.