Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Veganomicon. Serve over qunioa, mashed potatoes, rice, etc.
Make and share this Sauteed Seitan With Mushrooms and Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups seitan, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced into thick half-moons
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 6 cups spinach
- Preheat a large, lidded skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the seitan for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and saute for another 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper, and saute for another 8 minutes. Once the mushrooms are cooked and soft, add the wine and broth. Add the spinach in batches and use tongs to incorporate them with everything else. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with slices of lemon, if desired.