Recipe by Warren Drew
Most Excellent recipe i invented while doing a demonstration at the local Bon Ton store. I had the ing. in front of me and it was worth it
Top Review by Derf
Sorry this one didn't really do it for us. The timming seemed off, the peaches did not get caramelized, I think because the time was too short. By the time the peaches etc., were ready the scallops had become a little tough. if I were to try this again, I would remove the scallops and keep them warm while I caramalized the rest of it, then return the scallops to the pan. The taste was good and it was nice over brown basmati rice, I might try it again doing it as stated above because the taste is good.
- 24 sea scallops
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 peaches (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 whole lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- place oil in sautee pan and heat until light smoke.
- lightly season scallops w/salt and pepper.
- carefully add scallops to pan (do not crowd).
- lightly brown and turn scallops.
- add shallots garlic and peaches.
- shake and flip in pan to mix.
- add sugar and keep moving for 2 (two) minutes.
- place on plate.
- put peaches on top.
- squeeze fresh lemon just before serving.
- goes great with jasmine or basmati rice steamed.