Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Most Excellent recipe i invented while doing a demonstration at the local Bon Ton store. I had the ing. in front of me and it was worth it
- 24 sea scallops
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 peaches (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 whole lemon
- place oil in sautee pan and heat until light smoke.
- lightly season scallops w/salt and pepper.
- carefully add scallops to pan (do not crowd).
- lightly brown and turn scallops.
- add shallots garlic and peaches.
- shake and flip in pan to mix.
- add sugar and keep moving for 2 (two) minutes.
- place on plate.
- put peaches on top.
- squeeze fresh lemon just before serving.
- goes great with jasmine or basmati rice steamed.
Sorry this one didn't really do it for us. The timming seemed off, the peaches did not get caramelized, I think because the time was too short. By the time the peaches etc., were ready the scallops had become a little tough. if I were to try this again, I would remove the scallops and keep them warm while I caramalized the rest of it, then return the scallops to the pan. The taste was good and it was nice over brown basmati rice, I might try it again doing it as stated above because the taste is good.