- 16 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 8 scallops; sauté 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 8 scallops.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Add butter to pan; reduce heat, and cook until butter melts.
- Stir in parsley and garlic, and cook 15 seconds. Return scallops to pan; toss to coat.