Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Capesante Saltate in Padella con Pomodorini, Cipolle Verdi, e Prezzemolo This might be good served over your favorite pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops, side muscles removed
- coarse kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 12 ounces container cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild paprika
- Rinse and drain scallops; pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops; saute until browned outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to plate; cover.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to same skillet; add white parts of green onions and saute until almost tender, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and green parts of onions and saute until tomatoes begin to burst and release juices, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and paprika.
- Return scallops and any accumulated juices to skillet and stir just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer scallop mixture to platter.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- 4 servings.
- That's it.