This is a very quick and simple Scallop dish that can be prepared within 20 minutes. Don't be fooled, the flavors will have them thinking you have been slaving for hours.
- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Rinse scallops in cold water, drain.
- Add butter to large skillet and melt over low heat.
- Add Scallops& cook over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove scallops using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add wine, lemon juice and chives to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic salt, garlic& pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon sauce over drained pasta, spoon scallops over sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
Oh my goodness, is this good. I had 1 pound of scallops and 1 pound shrimp that were slated for chowder, but we just weren't in a chowder mood. So this was the perfect recipe for them! Made exactly as stated, but I used 5-6 cloves garlic, what can I say? lol, love that garlic! We also added a couple tbsp butter to the finished sauce. Then I threw the cooked seafood back in to toss with the sauce, and then spooned them over the pasta. Served over thin linguine. Cher, this was fabulous! Thank you!
They were having a special on fresh sea scallops at our fish market so I took advantage of that and couldn't wait to make this recipe. It was fabulous to say the very least. The lemon wine sauce went perfectly with the scallops and the look was beautiful when I got it all assembled. Very elegant and delicious. Thank-you Just Cher.
This was great, I added just a touch more wine and tiny bit more butter and little less lemon and it was fantastic - I cooked the sauce down just a bit (dont forget to drain your scallops after searing or the sauce will be bitter.) and tossed with angel hair pasta - GREAT - easy recipe. Thanks for sharing!