Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and savory side dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter, DIVIDED
- 1 savoy cabbage, shredded (or finely chopped)
- 2 bosc pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of the butter; add the shredded cabbage and toss to coat with the butter. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until it is crisp-tender.
- While the cabbage is cooking, in a seperate skillet, over med-high heat, melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter;.
- add the thinly sliced pears and sugar. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir the pears into the cabbage skillet. Cook over medium low heat for about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
This was good but not great. The recipe calls for grated or finely chopped cabbage. I grated mine but it definitely needs to be finely chopped instead, especially if you want any kind of texture to it.
Parsley, this is wonderful! I used a combination of regular cabbage and savoy. Served this sidedish with Hey Jude's Chinese Stirfried Potatoes and KiwiDutch's Roasted Chinese Chicken. A good combo! Thanks for sharing a delicious cabbage recipe. Loved the caramelized pears! Do not overcook the cabbage!