Recipe by CooksInHeels
Delicious side dish, goes well with chicken, pork, or beef dish.
Top Review by PaulaG
These were served as a side to recipe #275811 and will be served again with steak. The mushrooms were crimmini mushrooms that were cut into large slices. The dish is very flavorful. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*.
- 2 -3 cups mushrooms, baby bella portabella, any kind you prefer
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat in a medium skillet olive oil and butter on medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms, shallots and rosemary (keep rosemary on the twig for easy removal later).
- Sprinkle mushrooms with seasonings and brown for approx 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and continue cooking on med-low heat until moisture is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes), stirring ocasionally.
- Remove rosemary twigs and serve as a side dish.
- Tips: If serving in a bowl, dress bowl with Italian or regular parsley for a more pleasing look. If serving with dinner a red wine use a Marsala cooking wine instead of white/Sherry.