Recipe by Tish
This is a yummy side dish for when you want to try something "different". The hot sauce is our addition but the original recipe excludes it. Either way this is well worth trying and takes very little time to put together
Top Review by Lucky Clover
Loved it! This was our first time eating plantains. I only had one, but I wish I had bought more! This recipe is super easy and delicious! It's going into my favorites folder!
- 4 plantains, very ripe (the peel may be half black outside but the plantain inside is firm)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 whole cloves (not ground) (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel ripe plantains and ensure the pulp is firm and smells sweet.
- Heat butter or margarine (add spices as desired). Saute in at medium heat until browned about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or dessert.