Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Martha Stewart Living, Nov. 2005.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 3/4 lb) red cabbage, small, halved and cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 small shallots, quartered and separated into layers
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add cabbage and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has softened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in salt, lemon juice, and vinegar. Season with pepper.
- Cook until cabbage has wilted and shallots have softened, 10-12 minutes more.
- Stir in raisins and serve.
Awesome flavor. Made it for a variation of the traditional St. Patty's Day dinner!