Sauteed Potatoes With Apples
- Fill large saucepan with cold water; place potatoes in water as you peel them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, drain and let cool; once cooled, cut into pieces and set aside.
- Combine the butter and oil in a large skillet over low heat. Once melted, add scallions and potatoes. Saute' until golden brown (approx 8 min.). Use your spatula to scrape up brown bits from potatoes.
- Add the apples; cover and cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan constantly to prevent sticking and burning.
- Remove cover and stir, once again scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.
- Add salt, pepper and place into serving bowl.
- Serve with pork chops and sauteed Swiss chard.