From The Popular Potato, Best Recipes (1989). I wanted to try something different with my fave vegetable. I ate it on its own, but I can see this along-side fish or chicken! I used smaller potatoes and cut them in wedges instead of using slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes into thin slices, less than 1/4 inch.
- 2Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes; drain carefully and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Heat oil and 3 Tbsp butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
- 4Add enough potatoes to cover the bottom of pan and cook, shaking pan so potatoes do not stick; continue until all potatoes are browned (if necessary, add more butter and oil).
- 5Combine remaining butter, lemon rind, and juice, parsley and garlic in a pan.
- 6Heat until butter turns a pale brown.
- 7Add potatoes and toss until potatoes are well coated.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Potatoes in Lemon & Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 106.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g