Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Popular Potato, Best Recipes (1989). I wanted to try something different with my fave vegetable. I ate it on its own, but I can see this along-side fish or chicken! I used smaller potatoes and cut them in wedges instead of using slices.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lemon, grated rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, less than 1/4 inch.
- Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes; drain carefully and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil and 3 Tbsp butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add enough potatoes to cover the bottom of pan and cook, shaking pan so potatoes do not stick; continue until all potatoes are browned (if necessary, add more butter and oil).
- Combine remaining butter, lemon rind, and juice, parsley and garlic in a pan.
- Heat until butter turns a pale brown.
- Add potatoes and toss until potatoes are well coated.
These are excellent. Everyone loved the garlic and lemon flavor...really enhanced the potatoes. These potatoes will go with just about any meal you prepare too. It's a winner, Steph_40135 !!!!
The flavour was excellent, but the potatoes were over cooked and fell to bits (too much to photograph them) I would like to par-boil wedges like you said, toss them in the butter and oven bake them before tossing them with remaining butter etc.