Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Popular Potato, Best Recipes (1989). I wanted to try something different with my fave vegetable. I ate it on its own, but I can see this along-side fish or chicken! I used smaller potatoes and cut them in wedges instead of using slices.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices, less than 1/4 inch.
- Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes; drain carefully and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil and 3 Tbsp butter in a heavy-based frying pan.
- Add enough potatoes to cover the bottom of pan and cook, shaking pan so potatoes do not stick; continue until all potatoes are browned (if necessary, add more butter and oil).
- Combine remaining butter, lemon rind, and juice, parsley and garlic in a pan.
- Heat until butter turns a pale brown.
- Add potatoes and toss until potatoes are well coated.