Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This fast and easy one-dish meal has been a favourite after-work supper recipe at our house for years! (Originally from a recipe in an ad for the American Potato Marketing Board.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or less)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Cut chicken and potatoes into 3/4" chunks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet and brown the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is browning, cook the potatoes in the microwave until just tender (8-10 minutes on high.) .
- Add the potatoes to the chicken and saute until they are both lightly browned.
- Add the corn and salsa and stir until mixed and heated through.
My kids gobbled this up, not as quickly as their picky mom! Excelent dish! I added some Cheddar Cheese after it was on the table Yum!
This was just ok. The chicken came out kind of bland and there were way too many potatos in it. Not sure if I would make it again but if I did I would definitely cut one potato out.
Made this and added some onion to the mix. Tastes great! Plus family gave the please make again thumbs up.