Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple side dish from Pol Martin, a famous Canadian chef.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, cooked in skins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter in frying pan.
- Add leeks and cover pan; cook 8 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thick slices; add to frying pan.
- Season and sprinkle in celery seed; mix well and cook, uncovered, 7 to 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
These were easy to make, I love recipes that just use one pan (= less dishes, yeah!). I think this needed some salt & pepper + perhaps some garlic or other seasoning to give it a bit more flavour than just the celery seeds & parsley can provide, still it was nice and an easy way to cook a one pot potato side. Thanks for posting, made for ZWT4.