Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a unique and elegant recipe from Gourmet. The potato balls can be parboiled up to 1 day ahead. Cool, then refrigerate, covered. Bring to room temperature before sauteing.
- peel potatoes and put in a bowl of cold water.
- using melon ball cutter, scoop as many balls from potatoes as possible, transferring them to another bowl of cold water as you cut them.
- drain potato balls and cook in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling well-salted water for 5 minutes.
- drain in colander and let air-dry for 2 minutes.
- heat butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
- add potatoes and cook, shaking skillet frequently, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with your favorite herb if desired.
These are a great way to serve potatoes. Oh and they are so elegent in presentation. Thanks for posting such a wonderful easy recipe.