Recipe by Chippie1
Tender portobello mushrooms and spinach are simmered with Parmesan cheese, wine and seasoning. Unique, easy, and extremely tasty side dish! Excellent with a steak and baked potato dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms, spinach, basil, salt, pepper and garlic until mushrooms are tender and spinach is heated through.
- Pour in wine and reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.