Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender portobello mushrooms and spinach are simmered with Parmesan cheese, wine and seasoning. Unique, easy, and extremely tasty side dish! Excellent with a steak and baked potato dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms, spinach, basil, salt, pepper and garlic until mushrooms are tender and spinach is heated through.
- Pour in wine and reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve.
Very tasty, I substituted the wine with balsamic vinegar to add some zip!
Sensational! I used 6 oz fresh baby spinach roughly chopped in a food processor. The only change I would recommend is to double the amount of portobellos, DH and I devoured the 4 servings. We could eat this as a main dish, scooped up with crusty Italian bread! Thanks Chippie and welcome to Zaar.
Majorily different dish! We loved it! The kids weren't up for trying it, but that left more for us. Thanks for the recipe Chippie!