- 1 1⁄2 lbs portabella mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cremini mushrooms
- 3 large shallots
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 scallions (green parts only)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve portabellas& cut both portabellas and creminis in 1/4" slices.
- Chop shallots and cook half in half of the butter over moderate heat, stirring 1 min.
- Add portabellas and salt& pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 15 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl and keep warm, covered.
- Cook remaining shallots in remaining butter and add cremini, salt and pepper until mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 10 mins.
- Mix both mushrooms together and keep warm.
- Diagonally cut scallions into thin slices.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Heat mushrooms over moderately high heat and add vinegar mixture.
- Boil mixture 3 mins, or until liquid is reduced slightly, and stir in scallions.