1/1 Photo of Sauteed Pork Medallions With Port
Although the recipe calls for port, you can use any relatively sweet red wine in this recipe. I like to use this when my grocery store puts pork tenderloin "buy one get one free"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs pork tenderloin, usually I get 2 3/4 lb tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup port wine or 1/4 cup other sweet red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1If you have one large tenderloin, cut it into 16 medallions. If you have 2 small tenderloins, cut each one into 8 slices. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 2Saute pork slices in oil in a large skillet for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 3Drain the fat from the skillet; add onion and garlic, and saute 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned -- be careful not to burn it.
- 4Add wine, water, and vinegar; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 5Add the butter, stirring until the butter melts. Spoon sauce over the pork; sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Pork Medallions With Port
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.0
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g