Chris Reynolds's Note:
I found this recipe in Woman's Day. It was an advertisement for pork. Sounds good, and it's a quick dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (for non-alcoholic, substitute low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- grated zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1 1/2 dried parsley or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried sage or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1Cut pork into 12 slices, about 1-inch thick. Sprinkle pork on all sides with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until the pork is well browned and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- 2Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and broth. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until the liquid is reduced by two thirds, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, the lemon zest and juice, and the parsley. Serve the pork medallions drizzled with the sauce (makes a generous 1/3 cup; about 1 1/2 tablespoons per serving).
- 4Serve the pork with whole wheat linguine or brown jasmine rice. For a vegetable, steamed broccoli rabe or spinach.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Pork Medallions With Lemon-Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g