Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from The Best Simple Recipes, by America’s Test Kitchen.
Make and share this Sauteed Pork Chops With Pears and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bone in rib center-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 firm pear, cored and cut into 3/4 in wedges
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large non stick skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Cook chops until well browned. About 5 minutes each side. Transfer to platter and tent with foil.
- Toss the pears with sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Add pear slices, cut side down, to empty skillet and cook until golden and beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add broth and simmer until pears are softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter with pork.
- Continue to cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in butter and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over pears and chops. Top with cheese.