Recipe by Manami
This was originally a recipe by Giada De Laurentis, but I changed it slightly and like it better.
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (drained) or 1 cup cubed canned pineapple (drained)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted & chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almonds, chopped very, very fine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple cubes in a strainer.
- Lay the pineapple cubes on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Put the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Make brown butter by heating the butter until melted and just starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the pineapple, and toss to coat with the butter.
- Add honey and toss to coat the pineapple with honey.
- Cook until the pineapple is golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Take off the heat, and stir in 1 tablespoon Amaretto, and then add the almonds.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining Amaretto, mascarpone cheese and almond meal(crushed almonds).
- Place the pineapple mixture in a pretty parfait glass and serve it with a dollop of the cream.
- Serve at once.