Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Received persimmons from a friend and needed to find a recipe to share with the group for dinner.
Make and share this Sauteed Persimmons with Green Beans with Chives recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs petite green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ripe fuyu persimmons, , cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (, about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Cook beans according to directions.
- Usually frozen beans are boiled for 2-4 minutes and then drained.
- After draining, immediately plunge beans into a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot and sauté persimmons until lightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten the persimmons.
- Add beans and 1/4 cup chives and sauté, stirring gently, until hot.
- Transfer mixture to a platter and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chives on top.
Great recipe. It's delicious on its own, and something out of the ordinary to do with persimmons. I used native north american fruit, so the visual wasn't as nice as the photo, but the taste was great.
The persimmons sauteed in olive oil practically melt in your mouth... I was reminded of butter and caramel and couldn't stop eating them! My green beans didn't cook quite long enough and I didn't have any chives on hand, so my version of this dish didn't turn out to be 5-star worthy, but it was still so close that I'm sure it would have been if I had done it properly! It's so nice to find a recipe for persimmons that isn't a bread or dessert. Just for that this recipe deserves five stars!