Received persimmons from a friend and needed to find a recipe to share with the group for dinner.
Make and share this Sauteed Persimmons with Green Beans with Chives recipe from Food.com.
- Cook beans according to directions.
- Usually frozen beans are boiled for 2-4 minutes and then drained.
- After draining, immediately plunge beans into a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot and sauté persimmons until lightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten the persimmons.
- Add beans and 1/4 cup chives and sauté, stirring gently, until hot.
- Transfer mixture to a platter and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chives on top.