Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe dresses up a plain vegetable and makes it an elegant company dish. Simple, easy, and quick.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, to your taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir to coat.
- Cover pan tightly and simmer for approx 15 minutes, or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Simple, yet elegant & tasty. I enjoyed this dressed up version of ordinary peas - the mushrooms and garlic were a very nice, tasty addition. I had to use canned baby mushrooms as I was all out of fresh, and it still turned out very nice indeed. Thanks!
Very tasty. Love the addition of garlic. Thanks.
DH really likes the steamer bags of mushrooms and peas in the frozen foods aisle, but this recipe blows those steamer bags out of the water! We sliced the garlic really thin and added a bit more peas. The butter could probably be cut down to 3 tablespoons, but other than that we are in love with this recipe!