Recipe by Ducky
Got this recipe from a "Desserts of Italy" class. This dessert couldn't be easier. The class thought it sounded wierd, pears and balsamic vinegar. However, it was great and made a wonderful dessert since it wasn't too sweet.
Top Review by chia
so simple and yet so tasty! i added some balsamic while the pear wedges cooked, what a great tasting syrup, then served these over pound cake, drizzled with more balsamic. confectioners sugar and whipped heavy cream to garnish. wonderful!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pear into 8 wedges, removing the core and stem.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sugar and pears, stirring gently.
- Cook until lightly brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove to plates and drizzle each pear with several drops of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm or room temperature.