Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had this recipe for a long time before I had a chance to try it. Made it one time when we had some company and it was a big hit.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 large ripe peaches, , 4 cups (, 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter and sugar in large skillet over high heat until just beginning to brown.
- Add peaches, stirring until tender, 5 minutes.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Remove from heat.
- Scoop ice cream into eight serving bowls.
- Spoon peach mixture evenly over ice cream.
A simple and simply delicious desert topping. I used frozen peaches and served it over ginger ice cream. This is a must have recipe! You can transform even the simplest desert into a super special treat. Thanks Mysterygirl!
Alrighty...I don't drink, so I didn't have any of the suggested liqueurs. I quickly made this with a dash of vanilla and some brown sugar for the added flavor. I used frozen peaches that had been defrosted. And instead of ice cream, I poured this over a homemade shortcake. Yummy! A quick version of peach cobbler that was really easy!
Great simple dessert. I used frozen peaches, French vanilla ice cream and Grand Marnier. The orange flavor was very subtle but added just the right amount of intrigue. Thanks MG.