Good for Thanksgiving, Bon Appetit, Nov. 2007. To add richness, sautee three ounces sliced pancetta until crisp; crumble over dish before serving! Specialty honey available online at chefshop.com
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb carrot, about 4 large, peeled, cut into 3-inch sticks, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored and cut like the carrots
- coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey, such as heather, chestnut and wildflower
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and saute a few minutes (they take longer than parsnips to cook) then and parsnips.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes.
- You can do the above a day ahead of serving and cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables.
- Toss over medium heat until heated trhrough and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes.
- Check taste to see if more salt and/or pepper is needed if desired.
I loved these veggies Oolala. It is an awesome side dish. The carrotes and parsnips roast very well together. The flavor was incredible, then topped with salt, pepper and a honey glaze. Sheer perfection for me. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious way to prepare simple vegetables. I can't wait to make these again. Made for Herb of the Month - Rosemary :)
wonderful flavours and I love how it could be made ahead.