1/2 Photos of Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots With Honey and Rosemary
Good for Thanksgiving, Bon Appetit, Nov. 2007. To add richness, sautee three ounces sliced pancetta until crisp; crumble over dish before serving! Specialty honey available online at chefshop.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb carrot, about 4 large, peeled, cut into 3-inch sticks, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored and cut like the carrots
- coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, such as heather, chestnut and wildflower
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add carrots and saute a few minutes (they take longer than parsnips to cook) then and parsnips.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Saute until vegetables are beginning to brown at edges, about 12 minutes.
- 5You can do the above a day ahead of serving and cover and chill in refrigerator.
- 6Add butter, rosemary, and honey to vegetables.
- 7Toss over medium heat until heated trhrough and vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes.
- 8Check taste to see if more salt and/or pepper is needed if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Parsnips and Carrots With Honey and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g