Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
- Pour enough olive oil into a skillet to cover the bottom.
- Add the garlic slivers and place over medium heat.
- Cook until the garlic is lightly toasted.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic to paper towels to drain.
- Add the chiles to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, until blistered on all sides and they take on a bit of color.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly.
- The chiles will collapse on the plate if ready.
- "Ifthey don't lose the air, they're still raw,".
- Arrange the chiles around the perimeter of a serving plate.
- Heap the garlic chips in the center.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.