- 3 lbs chicken legs or 3 lbs chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until brown all over, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour orange juice over chicken. Add orange sections, ginger, vinegar, and basil; stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.