Recipe by Nasseh
This Moroccan salad can be served warm or cold.
Top Review by Debbwl
Nice change of pace. Served warm as a side and was able to get 4 nice servings. Did leave out the cayenne as DH was standing in the kitchen and has a fit when he sees me use it (although I quite often sneak it into things). The cumin, garlic and lemon all work well to make a nice not overpowering dressing. Thanks so much for the post.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large purple onion, cut into strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion & pepper strips until soft & just beginning to change color.
- Add the tomatoes & cook until they are cooked through. Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish.
- Pour off half the olive oil then return skillet to the heat. Add garlic & saute over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon this sauce over the vegetables.