Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
How interesting a simple little mushroom dish can be when you use exotic varieties, like chanterelles and lobster mushrooms. Be creative!
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 lb about 8 cups mixed sliced mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and patted dry (no thinner than 1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- Heat skillet on HIGH. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp clarified butter to pan on HIGH;* swirl to coat pan.
- Add 4 cups mushrooms. Don't toss or stir until mushrooms start to brown, 1-2 minute Cook 1-2 min more. Remove from pan.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 with remaining butter and mushrooms. Return reserved mushrooms to pan.
- Sprinkle shallots and thyme over mushrooms. Cook, stirring 1 min until herbs evenly coat mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
We all really enjoyed this dish! Even my toddler ate them. ;) I had baby portabellos on hand, but no fresh thyme (like I thought I did), so I used dried. Thanks for sharing, tony! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
Excellent!!!!! This was very flavorful and I can't wait to make this again. This recipe deff. adds a new zing to the dishes I usually make.
Made for Fall PAC 2008 - had oyster, portbello, and crimini 'shrooms, prepared as directed. This was an entirely different taste sensation - usually do more butter and sherry -- but this was really good ! Thanks tony, for posting.