Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thyme, basil or oregano and garlic. This is simple and versatile. From Culinary Classics, SD Symphony Orchestra League Cookbook. Good to make in advance and heat and serve when your meat entree is ready. The 2 teaspoon measure is for fresh herbs. Use 1/2 tsp. if using dried.
- Wash and wipe mushrooms dry.
- Heat olive oil and butter until very hot and add mushrooms. Toss quickly in hot oil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 6-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue cooking until all liquid evaporates. Set aside until meal is ready.
- When your meal is ready to serve, reheat the mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped herbs and garlic. Toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Made for Bargain Basement tag game and this was quite a hit. I did cut the recipe in half used half button and half baby cremini mushrooms and a little less fresh thyme. Served with barbeque steak and fresh corn on the cob...yummy! Thank you for posting.