Recipe by WiGal
A variation from Amazing Sandwiches.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great flavor! I used the lemon juice since I do not like heat and dark rye bread. I would just use a splash of lemon juice next time since mixed with the cheese it gave it a stronger 'bite'. I used crimini mushrooms and also mixed a little parsley and dill in when sautéing. Made for Rookie Recipe Review Tag contest win.
- 1 slice bread, lingonberry or 1 slice rye meal
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 oyster mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up the oil or butter in a frying pan.
- Meanwhile cut the mushrooms into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add the lemon juice or the chili flakes (I think lemon would be better) to the oil or butter, and sauté the mushrooms until they become golden brown.
- Place the mushrooms on the freshly baked bread, sprinkle with dill, and spread blue cheese on top.
- Enjoy while warm.