Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little something I whipped up last night to go over our steaks but would be good as a side or on toasted bread.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 500 g mushrooms (white button thickly sliced)
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 14.79 ml sour cream (light)
- 14.79 ml thickened cream (double cream)
- Put butter into a cold pan and then top with sliced mushrooms and pepper (I used a pepper mill and just ground away so amount of pepper is estimated but we like a lot).
- Put pan on a medium heat and stir to coat the mushrooms with the melting butter, once coated turn heat the heat down a little and stir occasionally till the mushrooms take on a bit of colour - about 12 to 15 minutes and then add the sour cream and the cream stirring into the mushrooms and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
These are good. I made extra sauce using sweet butter (unsalted), lots of fresh 5 "pepper" mix, thick 3 % yogurt in place of sour cream to be corn free, plus the white button mushrooms. DD1 (5 years old) and I had this or rice penne pasta on a little picnic to the local park. Made for Please Review My Recipe ~ ~ ~ from April 25 -
Pat, I am so happy that I came across this recipe! Last night I used a few sliced mushrooms in a recipe and noticed that the rest of the mushrooms had to be used up straight away. At first I thought I would make this to go over the chicken I was roasting for dinner however; I decided to fix them to go over rice for lunch instead. Since I wanted extra sauce, I tripled the amount of sour cream, and heavy whipping cream (we can't get double thick cream here in the U.S.) The mushrooms and sauce were AMAZING over rice. I will definitely be making this again. Can't wait to try it over chicken, grilled steak, and even mashed potatoes. Made and reviewed for the 64th AUS/NZ Swap.
Yum! I used baby bellas and served these over a steak. Simple and good. Thanks Pat for sharing. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag.