Recipe by I'mPat
A little something I whipped up last night to go over our steaks but would be good as a side or on toasted bread.
Top Review by UmmBinat
These are good. I made extra sauce using sweet butter (unsalted), lots of fresh 5 "pepper" mix, thick 3 % yogurt in place of sour cream to be corn free, plus the white button mushrooms. DD1 (5 years old) and I had this or rice penne pasta on a little picnic to the local park. Made for Please Review My Recipe ~ ~ ~ from April 25 -
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 g mushrooms (white button thickly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (light)
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream (double cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter into a cold pan and then top with sliced mushrooms and pepper (I used a pepper mill and just ground away so amount of pepper is estimated but we like a lot).
- Put pan on a medium heat and stir to coat the mushrooms with the melting butter, once coated turn heat the heat down a little and stir occasionally till the mushrooms take on a bit of colour - about 12 to 15 minutes and then add the sour cream and the cream stirring into the mushrooms and heat through.
- Serve immediately.