Recipe by looneytunesfan
We love this as a side dish whenever we have steak. Seasonings are approximate as I just sprinkle over the mushrooms.
Top Review by Demetria H.
My husband and I LOVE mushrooms and these were delicious instead of the cup of water I added one of those 4 pack bottles of Merlot and they came out wonderful this recipe is definitely a keeper...thanks for sharing. %uD83D%uDE03
- 2 lbs white button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (187 ml) bottle Chardonnay wine (mini bottle from 4 pack)
- 3 -4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (approx.)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms and set aside.
- Melt butter in WOK or stainless steel frying pan. Slowly add the wine.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce over mushrooms. I like to make sure there is some over every mushroom.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over mushrooms. Sprinkle minced garlic over all.
- Saute; stirring occasionally over high heat until mushrooms are tender and the sauce and wine is reduced, approximately 15 - 20 minutes.