When the hubby goes out of town I love to experiment with new tastes!! This was the result of trying to use up some polenta in my fridge, and boy did it turn out heavenly.
- 113.39 g refrigerated prepared polenta, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml dried lentils
- 1 garlic clove
- 28.39 ml onion, sliced
- 2 shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 473.18 ml spinach
- 118.29 ml chopped tomato
- 14.79 ml tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml basil
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml capers
- 14.79 ml pine nuts
- 14.79 ml feta (tomato herb is best)
- In a small pan combine lentils and about 3/4 c water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- In another pan saute polenta slices until slightly chewy. Set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, tomato paste, mushrooms and water until onions are tender. Add cooked lentils, tomato, basil, oregano, pine nuts, and capers, saute about 1 minute. Add spinach and vinegar, stir until spinach is wilted. Pour mixture over polenta slices and top with feta before serving.