Recipe by yooper
Fast and easy, the lemony sauce really compliments the chicken. From the cookbook "Almost from Scratch" by Andrew Schloss.
Top Review by moxie
Yooper, I kind of turned this into "citrus chicken" because the only kind of marmalade I could find was orange. Happy to say, it was completely delicious! The sauce is sweet but still so savory and rich with the onions, chives and broth. Thanks so much for posting this easy and scrumptious recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup lemon marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over high heat until skillet is hot; add oil to skillet, then add chicken and onion and cook, stirring often, until chicken is browned; 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and stir, scraping up the brown bits clinging to pan;add the marmalade and lemon peel and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and chives.