Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast and easy, the lemony sauce really compliments the chicken. From the cookbook "Almost from Scratch" by Andrew Schloss.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup lemon marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over high heat until skillet is hot; add oil to skillet, then add chicken and onion and cook, stirring often, until chicken is browned; 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and stir, scraping up the brown bits clinging to pan;add the marmalade and lemon peel and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and chives.
Yooper, I kind of turned this into "citrus chicken" because the only kind of marmalade I could find was orange. Happy to say, it was completely delicious! The sauce is sweet but still so savory and rich with the onions, chives and broth. Thanks so much for posting this easy and scrumptious recipe.
I too used orange as I could not find any lemon marmalade - I used "No sugar added" marmalade so it wasn't too sweet. I also added 2 tbsp of Grande Marnier for an extra flavor boost - Will definaitely make the again - Thanks yooper for posting it. Meanwhile I will keep looking for lemon marmalade as I am sure it will be delicious
Couldn't find any lemon marmalade, so I used the orange kind. Also, the price of the dried lemon peel turned me off, so I used the zest of the orange to add some flavor. I totally skipped the chives, as I'm not a big chive fan. It was delicious and went well with the Asparagus Risotto I made as a side dish.