- 5 medium leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, can use half the amount of dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice leeks in half lengthwise and soak/rinse well to remove dirt and grit.
- Cut the leeks into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute until fork-tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in lemon juice, sugar, dill, white pepper and salt. Stir to combine well.