Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love leeks. Here's another way to make them.
- 5 medium leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, can use half the amount of dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- salt, to taste
- Slice leeks in half lengthwise and soak/rinse well to remove dirt and grit.
- Cut the leeks into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute until fork-tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in lemon juice, sugar, dill, white pepper and salt. Stir to combine well.
I love leeks, and really enjoyed the slight sweetness from the sugar in this recipe. This is quick and easy to make, and tastes delicious! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT7.
Love leeks. Love leeks in butter! I wasn't sure about the dill, but I loved it! Fabulous side with dinner tonight, and I will make again.
ZWT7 - Shady Ladies
I love leeks, but never thought to eat them on their own. This recipe is the perfect way to do so! Made for ZWT6 by a RedHot Renegade.